Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Chocolate Chip Cookies

The ultimate soft and chewy chocolate chip cookie



The other day, before setting off for work, my husband asked if I could bake some cookies.  He specifically did request these Peanut Butter Cookies as they are his ultimate favourite, but I needed a chocolate fix, so I decided on Chocolate Chip Cookies instead.

This Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe has made regular rotations through my kitchen for over 20 years.  I think I could make these in my sleep.



This soft and chewy cookie is loaded with chocolate chips so you get delectable chocolate in each bite.  I use semi sweet chocolate chips as we prefer the taste of dark chocolate, but milk chocolate chips are equally delicious if that is what your family prefers.

Tip:  Chill the dough for about 30 minutes before forming into balls and baking to prevent excessive spreading.  I make the cookie balls about the size of a ping pong ball which will give you a 2 1/2 inch cookie when baked.

What's  your favourite cookie?


Chocolate Chip Cookies

by notjustgrilledcheese
Keywords: cookie
Ingredients (4 dozen)
  • 3/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1 cup butter, softened
  • 1 large egg
  • 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • one 12-oz. pkg. semisweet chocolate chips (2 cups)
Instructions
1. Heat oven to 375°F
2. In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar. Add egg and mix well.
3. In another bowl, combine flour, salt and baking soda. Add to butter mixture, stirring until combined. The mixture will be stiff.
4. Fold in chocolate chips. Chill dough for about 30 minutes.
5. Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart on parchment or silpat lined baking sheets.
6. Bake 8 - 10 minutes or until light brown (centres will be soft). Cool slightly until set, then remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Powered by Recipage


No comments:

Post a Comment